Whether you’re local to Georgia, or a couple planning a destination wedding, there’s nothing like getting married in the mountains. Here’s a few things to think about as you plan your dream day.
The Positives to a Mountain Wedding
Have you seen the online boards with mountain wedding inspiration? There are so many ways to create your unique mountain top nuptials, and there are many benefits to having your wedding in the wilderness with the mountains as your backdrop.
- If you want to cover your walls in amazing wedding photos, a mountain wedding will fulfill that wish! The views from Mountaintop Inn and Resort are ONE WORD – breathtaking. So, no doubt, your photos will be too. Take advantage of the natural surroundings, stunning sunsets, and spectacular views.
- Mountain weddings are often budget friendly. When it comes to decorating, it’s easy to embrace the natural beauty of the mountains and build upon that without trying to eclipse it.
- Bohemian, rustic, contemporary, winter wonderland, sophisticated – whatever your taste there’s something about a romantic mountain wedding that makes it amenable to all styles.
- Mountain weddings are unforgettable and unique. Not to say traditionally-set weddings, or even other destination weddings are less exceptional, but the traditional church ceremony with hotel reception, or the sandy beach ceremony are common – a mountain top wedding could be just the thing to stand out in the memory of your family and friends for a lifetime.
The Potential Challenges
While the setting is dreamy, and the photos are going to be amazing, you do need to consider a few factors that could be on the “cons” side of your comparison list when deciding a wedding locale.
- The more remote the location the fewer guests you may have. With many couples, the size of the attendance is not a factor in their decision, but be aware that travel to the mountains could play a role in the decisions of your guests.
- Weather is always a risk. As with any outdoor ceremony, a couple needs to keep a Plan B in their back pocket in case weather doesn’t cooperate. Obviously, mountain venues will often experience weather patterns different from lower elevation areas, so trust your onsite wedding coordinator when it comes to the time of year, the back-up plan, and any insights to the local patterns. This is also a chance to show your guests you care for their comfort – if the weather will be cooler, have blankets available or incorporate a campfire. If the weather will be hot make your wedding program in a fan shape, and custom bottled water is always a cute favor idea.
- Choices may be limited or more costly. Getting everything to the venue or relying on a smaller town with fewer vendors may mean you face higher costs. Again, this is when you can rely on your venue’s onsite coordinator to assist and use their preferred vendors and connections to make your dream a reality.
At Mountain Top Inn and Resort weddings are our specialty. Let the spectacular views and stunning sunsets of Mountain Top Inn & Resort provide an unforgettable backdrop for your most important day! Surrounded by nearly 10,000 pristine acres of FDR State Park, we are the only resort destination event facility on top of the mountain. Multiple ceremony and reception spaces and custom tailored service allow you to plan the wedding of your dreams!
Lodging for guests, great ceremony and reception spaces, and an experienced Events and Catering team is at your disposal to make your dream come to life. With several venues on the property and a team of experience professionals, your special day is our priority. Let us help you make your big day as beautiful as our Mountain.
Learn more about our venue, menu options, and click here to see General Wedding Information.